2018 Arctic Cat M 6000 (153)
M 6000 (153)
- New Ascender platform with Next-Gen Mountain body panels: The Ascender platform brings a whole new way to attack the mountain. Running boards are 1 in. narrower than previous designs and the overall profile is 10% narrower for improved side-hill performance, improved venting and ease of laying the sled over in deep snow. The revised bellypan shape allows the rider’s feet to move 2 inches further forward for even greater ergonomic options for riding. The drive shaft dropped 1.125 inches allows for a 9.7º lowered approach angle providing more maneuverability and the ability to get up and stay up on the snow. Improved fit and finish with easy on/off one-piece body panels allow easy access to the engine compartment and brings a distinctive Arctic Cat styling.
- 1.125" Dropped Driveshaft: Like the 2017 Mountain Cat, this 2018 M 8000 Sno Pro is fitted with the 1.125" dropped driveshaft. The increased track-to-tunnel clearance of 3" allows us to use 8-tooth drive sprockets on this model, giving you a flatter approach angle with more floatability and maneuverability. In addition, you’ll also notice a huge difference in your sled handling. This update delivers a more efficient power transfer to the snow, letting you enjoy more horsepower when climbing, carving, sidehilling and boondocking.
- 6000 C-TEC2 Engine with DSI: This 599cc 2-stroke DSI is the unmodified version of the engine that’s been launching Team Arctic down the racetrack since 2012. This quick-revving, 125-class horsepower C-TEC2™ power mill is the product of a world-class engine assembly plant — ours. Whether you’re riding a ZR® an M or a Crossover, the 6000 is one of the most satisfying engines found in a snowmobile.
- Arctic Drive System with TEAM Rapid Response II Drive and TEAM Rapid Reaction Boss Driven Clutches: The Arctic Drive System™ features a lightweight magnesium chaincase. The new TEAM® Rapid Response II™ drive clutch features an auto-adjusting belt tension design that delivers consistent performance without manual adjustments. It also features a 12.5% lower effective starting ratio while maintaining the top ratio for smoother engagement and reduced belt wear at drive-away speed.
- Arctic Mountain Front Suspension with Arctic Cat Gas IFP Shocks: Lightweight, forged-aluminum spindles have less surface area than the previous design, reducing drag and improving performance in deep snow. Also, dual-phase high strength alloy-steel A-arms are lighter than previous designs. Arctic Cat 1.5 IFP gas shocks feature a hard-anodized aluminum body, 0.5" shaft, aluminum internal floating piston, and high-quality seals and ice scrapers. For added strength, the eyelet on the shaft end is forged, replacing the welded design.
- Float Action Rear Suspension With Arctic Cat IFP 1.5 Shocks: The FLOAT-ACTION rear suspension’s unique tri-hub rear axle system is engineered to be very light and very strong. The Arctic Cat 1.5 IFP coil-over shocks provide preload adjustment and are proven on the hill for reliability and stability.
- Deluxe Digital Gauge: This dual configurable LCD screen gauge allows to you check all the vital information about your snowmobile and more. 14 different readings to be exact. There’s an odometer, speedometer, max RPM, 2 trip meters, engine hours, low oil light, coolant temperature, exhaust temperature, intake air temperature, battery voltage, fuel level, clock and reverse indicator.
- 12V Outlet: Need to charge your phone or another electrical device? We’ve got you covered. Just plug in and power up while you ride.
- Electric Start: This is just the thing for consistent, reliable starting. A simple turn of the key is all you need to get up and running.
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Say goodbye to cold hands. Our hand and thumb warmers provide plenty of warmth and comfort on long rides.
- 141-in. and 153-in. Power Claw Track with 2.6-in. Lugs: The one that sets the standard for deep snow performance. Available in 15" x 141" x 2.6" or 15" x 153" x 2.6", this track features stagger-set, curved-forward paddle towers that won’t fold over or take a set.
- Front Mount Heat Exchanger: All M Series models incorporate the lightweight, single, front-mounted heat exchanger. The system is nearly 4 lbs. lighter than a full-length heat exchanger and results in the least amount of snow and slush retention during riding, helping the M Series maintain their real-world weight savings advantage. All M Series snowmobiles also come standard with ice-scratchers.
- Ice Scratchers: As part of the heat exchange system, ice scratchers can save the day when there’s minimal snow but plenty of ice. In that kind of riding condition, lowering the ice scrapers kicks up ice to help prevent your engine from overheating.
- Mountain Strap: Want to shift your weight? This puts the extra leverage you need right in your hands.
- ProClimb - 7 Skis: The ProClimb-7 mountain ski is 7" at the tip, tapering to 6.5" at the center. The wider skis enhance your carving abilities and prevent unintended downhill braking. A wider ski damper featuring a longer axle and bolt increases lateral adjustability.
- Vertical steering post, 4.5" riser with adjustable mountain handlebar: Want to counter-steer on steep hills? This 4.5" vertical post provides a more natural handlebar turning arc when you’re riding standing up.
- Type: 2-stroke
- Displacement (cc): 599
- Cooling: Liquid
- Cylinders: 2
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 73.8 x 70
- Lubrication: Electronic injection
- Ignition: Digitally Controlled CDI
- Engine Stator Output: 325 Watts
- Fuel Delivery: Dual stage injection
- Exhaust: APV with tuned pipe, pipe sensor and stainless steel muffler
- Fuel Capacity gal. (l): 11.7 (44.29)
- Oil System Capacity qt. (l): 3.6 (3.41)
- Coolant System Capacity qt. (l): 5 (4.73)
- Minimum Octane: 91
- Front Suspension: Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS)
- Ski Shocks: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Front Travel in. (cm): 7 (17.78)
- Rear Suspension: FLOAT-ACTION Rear Suspension
- Front Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Rear Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Rear Travel in. (cm): 15.5 (39.37)
- Chassis Overall Length in. (cm): 132.3 (336.04)
- Chassis Overall Width in. (cm): 41.5-45.5 (105.41-115.57)
- Chassis Overall Height in. (cm): 50 (127)
- Track Type: Power Claw
- Track Width in. (cm): 15 (38.1)
- Track Length in. (cm): 153 (388.62)
- Lug in. (cm): 2.6 (6.6)
- Pitch in. (cm): 3.00 (7.62)
- Ski Stance in. (cm): 34.5-38.5 (87.63-97.79) Adjustable
- Ski Type / Width in. (cm): ProClimb - 7 (17.78)
- Runner Type: Single runner w/carbide
- Type of Gauge: Deluxe Digital
- Speedometer: Digital
- Tachometer: Digital
- Odometer: Digital
- Fuel: Digital
- Oil: Indicator Light
- Coolant: Digital/Indicator Light
- Clock: Digital
- Battery Voltage: Digital
- Altimeter: Digital
- Hours: Digital
- 12V Outlet: Standard
- Electric Start: Standard on SE models
- Front Bumper: Sport
- Front Mount Heat Exchanger: Standard
- Goggle Holder: Accessory
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Hand Guards: Accessory
- Headlights: Dual halogen 2-bulb
- Ice Scratchers: Standard
- Lightweight Brake Disc: Standard
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Mountain Strap: Standard
- Rear Rack: Accessory
- Rear Storage: Mountain Storage Bag
- Seat: Lightweight Mountain (non-SE)
- Side Panel Wind Deflectors: Accessory
- Sno Pro Brake Lever: Accessory
- Steering: Vertical steering post, 4.5" riser with adjustable mountain handlebar
- Tether Switch: Accessory
- Tow Hitch: Accessory
- Tunnel Flare: Accessory
- Visor Plug-ins: Accessory
- Windshield: 3 in. Mountain-height
- Drive Clutch: TEAM Rapid Response
- Driven Clutch: TEAM Rapid Reaction BOSS
- Drive System: Arctic Mountain Drive System
- Brakes: Race Radial Master Cylinder Hydraulic Brake-Lightweight
- Clutch Calibration ft. (m): 6,000-8,000
- Gearing: 19/50
- Chain Pitch: 96
- Reverse: Push-Button Engine
- Team Arctic Green
NOTES:Specifications Subject To Change
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 73.8 x 70 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Dual stage injection
- Digitally Controlled CDI
- APV with tuned pipe, pipe sensor and stainless steel muffler
- Brake Type
- Race Radial Master Cylinder Hydraulic Brake-Lightweight
- Drive Clutch
- TEAM Rapid Response
- Driven Clutch
- TEAM Rapid Reaction BOSS
- Front Suspension
- Front Suspension: Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS); Ski Shocks: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5; Front Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Front Travel
- 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Suspension: FLOAT-ACTION Rear Suspension; Rear Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Rear Travel
- 15.5 in. (39.37 cm)
- Ski Type
- ProClimb - 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Ski Stance
- 34.5-38.5 in. (87.63-97.79 cm) Adjustable
- Track Type
- Power Claw
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in. (38.1 cm) x 153 in. (388.62 cm) x 2.6 in. (6.6 cm)
- Dual halogen 2-bulb
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.7 gal. (44.29 L)
- 3 in. Mountain-height
- Team Arctic Green
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push-Button Engine